Belize Kayak Rentals
Expedition-ready sea kayaks are available for self-propelled adventures along Belize's Southern Barrier Reef. This kayak rental is for experienced paddlers who are interested in outfitting their own unguided adventure on Belize's Southern Barrier Reef. All kayak rentals begin with a briefing at our Dangriga office and boats are available to begin the trip from Tobacco Caye, or from Dangriga if arranged in advance. Water taxis are available from Dangriga to Tobacco Caye. Please contact our office for further details.
Payment for kayak rentals can be made by cheque, Visa, or MasterCard at the time of reserving your kayak. One week prior to your departure a fully refundable security deposit of $500 USD for a single and $750 USD for a double is required to be authorized on your credit card. Renters are responsible for the return of the equipment in the same condition that it is received and are responsible to pay in full for any repairs or replacement if the equipment is damaged or lost. Renters are required to complete and sign a Kayak & Equipment Rental Agreement form before equipment is released.
Kayak Rental Rates are as follows:
Option #1 - Basic Kayak Rental
|Single Kayaks (plastic):||
|Double Kayaks (fiberglass):||
All rentals include kayak, spray-skirt, paddle, bailer or sponge, and PFD.
A boat charter can also be pre-arranged to pick-up or drop-off your group of 1-4 people, gear, and kayaks to the cayes for $225-$300 USD. This is for the cayes offshore of Dangriga. If you wish to be picked up or dropped off outside of this range, please contact our office for details.
For groups of 1-2 paddlers, we recommend the following:
|Rental Package - single boat||
$350 USD per person
|Rental Package - double boat||
$575 USD for two people
For groups of 3-4 paddlers, we recommend the following:
|Rental Package - single boat||
$300 USD per person
|Rental Package - double boat||
$550 USD for two people
One week rental package includes the following:
- 1 week rental (as above)
- water bags (2 per person)
- one way motor charter either to the cayes
- accommodations (1 night) at Pal's Guesthouse in Dangriga on the front end of your trip.
For groups larger than 4 paddlers, we recommend contacting our office for a quote as it generally requires a larger motorboat for transporting gear, people, and kayaks.
An additional boat charter can also be pre-arranged to pick-up or drop-off your group of 1-4 people, gear, and kayaks to the cayes for $225-300 USD. This will cover the area of the cayes offshore of Dangriga. If you wish to be picked up outside of this range, please contact our office for details.
A very popular tripping option is to start with a 3 day/2 night guided and catered stay at our luxury Basecamp at Glover's Reef followed by a 6 day self-guided kayak trip on the Southern Barrier Reef. This trip option leaves weekly from Dangriga from Dec through May. Your boat to Glover's Reef Atoll leaves Sunday mornings at 8 am. Please be aware that you need to have all your food and equipment organized for the self-guided rental portion of the trip (Tues afternoon through Sunday) before you leave on the boat to Glover's Reef on the previous Sunday morning. Once in Dangriga we can provide you with a fruit and vegetable order list that will be delivered on Tuesday for transport out to the cayes with your rental kayaks and gear.
Weekly - beginning with hotel accomodations each Saturday (minimum 2 pax)
- Glover's Getaway & Kayak Rental Combo - Single boat - $949 USD per person
- Glover's Getaway & Kayak Rental Combo - Double boat - $849 USD per person
This package includes the following:
- Saturday night accommodations in Dangriga included: Pal's Guesthouse - you need to arrive into Dangriga no later than 3 pm on Saturday to ensure that you have time to pack and organize your gear. We suggest you consider arriving in a day earlier so you will have time to shop and prepare for the self-guided portion of your trip - we can book you an extra room at Pal's Guesthouse if you would like, just give us a call.
- Sunday to Tuesday: Glovers Getaway Package 2 night/3 day includes accommodation, meals, and activities - from Dangriga. Boat departure 8 am Sunday morning from Dangriga and drop off on Tuesday afternoon on the Southern Barrier Reef.
- Tuesday afternoon to Sunday: 5.5 day rental (as above) -
transportation of your kayaks and camp gear to the Southern Barrier Reef cayes where you will be dropped off on your way back in from Glover's Reef - accommodations (1 night) at Pal's Guesthouse in Dangriga on the front end of your trip (Sat)
Our fleet of kayaks are manufactured by Necky, Nimbus, and Wilderness Systems.
This package does not include:
1. Transport to and from Dangriga
2. Any meals or transport while in Dangriga
3. Guiding services, camping fees, or any other services except kayak rental while on the self-guided portion of your trip
4. Park fees while on your kayak rental portion of trip
5. Return boat charter from Southern Barrier Reef back to Dangriga. We can arrange this service for you at an extra cost if requested in advance.
Deluxe Gear Rental Package - 3 Dry Bags, Tent, Sleeping Pad, Stove & Fuel, 2 Waterbags - $25 per day, or $39 per day per couple)
Kitchen Gear Package - Pot set, cutlery, plates / bowls - $5 a day - $25 per couple per week, or $35 a week for 3-4 people.
Snorkeling Gear Rental - Mask, Snorkel, Fins ($20 USD per week)
Kayak Sails - Sails available for Single ($10 USD a day) and Double Kayaks ($15 USD a day)
Click Here for itemized list of individual items available for rent.
Are you looking to extend your stay in Belize? Have you read about paddling, snorkeling, and diving one of Belize's most famous offshore atolls?
For those people that are interested, we have created our Glover's Getaway Extension. Complete details on this option can be found by clicking on the Extensions button on the left menu, or by clicking here.
Our Operations Base in Dangriga and our island base on Tobacco Caye monitor Marine VHF Radio, so if you bring your own VHF marine band radio, you may be able to communicate with both locations while on the cayes. Also, Dangriga is within cell phone range from most of the Central Barrier Reef. You may rent a cell phone at the International Airport, upon your arrival if you do not have a VHF radio communications.